No matter where we are, be it at home or at a camp, we need fire one way or another. From igniting a simple cigarette to igniting candles, fireworks, gas stoves, campfires, and much more, a portable device like a butane lighter can take you a long way. A butane lighter is a portable device that helps you ignite any flammable object that you need to light. To help you find the best butane lighter, we bring you the best ten butane lighters that are currently taking the market by storm. Each of these lighters is excellent in its own way, and depending on the features and price, we hope there is at least one that will meet your fancy.
Our Top Picks for 2022
Best Butane Torch Lighter Reviews
TOMOLO Torch Lighter Triple Jet Flame
The best thing about butane lighters is that even the premium ones are quite affordable, and such is the case with the TOMOLO torch lighter. As the name suggests, the lighter ignites three pillars of high-quality jet flames. The lighter packs more firepower than those with single or double jet flame lighters do. Also, lighter has an innovative design that makes it durable. Furthermore, the flames make it easy to light up flammable objects both indoor and outdoor with ease.
- The torch lighter ignites three pillars of jet flames that give it incredible firepower and makes it easy to light objects both indoor and outdoor.
- The lighter features a transparent fuel tank that lets you keep a close eye on the fuel level inside so that you can fill it up when it's near empty. Moreover, even though it is transparent, it is incredibly sturdy and durable.
- The two-set pack comes with a cigar punch if you prefer the cutting method.
- The triple flame is custom-made for thick cigars and can light them up in seconds. Moreover, the triple flames are so powerful that they are wind-resistant.
- It has a solid build with durable zinc alloy at the top and bottom, making it incomparably study than your standard lighters.
- The pack comes with two neat gift boxes that make it a great choice as a present for different occasions.
- Increasing and decreasing the flames' intensity is also easy, and you only need to rotate the axis where the plus and minus signs are.
- It lighter comes with a one-year warranty period.
- The lighter complies with the USPS safety regulations and does not come with a filled-up tank.
- It has a refillable butane tank.
- You get a two to one pack with the lighter.
- The flames are very powerful and wind-resistant.
- You can light thick cigars in seconds.
- The lighter has a solid build.
- No apparent negatives sides to talk about the lighter.
Zoocura Refillable Butane Torch Lighter
The best thing about the Zoocura Refillable Butane Torch Lighter is its excellent pencil design that is not only comfortable to hold but is also light and sturdy. With a full tank, you can use it around 500 times before you need to fill the gas chamber again. The device is very safe to use and has a safety lock to prevent accidental ignitions.
- It can hold up to 1.8g of fuel at max.
- The unique pencil design is sturdy and easy to hold.
- The fire reaches 2.3 inches long with a temperature of 1150°C.
- The entire build is of zinc alloy, making it very durable.
- You get a visible fuel gauge to prepare for when it is near empty.
- Refilling the device is easy since you only need to turn it upside down and refill it using the LONG UNIVERSAL REFILL TIP.
- The lighter has three layers of safety protection with over 20 process quality inspections.
- It has a fire-lock switch to prevent accidental ignitions.
- The design is simple and comfortable to hold.
- It has a durable build.
- You get a fire-lock mechanism for safety.
- You get a one-year-long warranty period.
- Refilling the lighter is very easy.
- You can use it 500 times before a refill is needed!
- It is not wind resistant.
GUEVARA Butane Torch Lighter
Now, this is a decent little lighter that is perfect for normal day to day use. It is rare to see double jet lighters that are windproof. Just this alone proves that the butane lighter produces a powerful flame and can ignite most flammable objects. Moreover, since it is windproof, you can also use it outside. Also, the gas chamber is large and is visible to monitor the fuel level.
- The lighter has a top quality, durable metal body with a fuel window to monitor the fuel level.
- You can easily adjust the flame height and intensity with the flame adjuster at the bottom of the device.
- The lighter does not come with a full tank due to mailing restrictions.
- You get a large flame base with powerful double jet flames to give a larger surface area for lighting large objects like thick cigars.
- The lighter comes in an elegant gift box; therefore, it is perfect as a gift for a wedding, Christmas, and other occasions.
- You get a cigar punch to prepare your cigar the normal way.
- This is a windproof lighter; therefore, you do not need to worry about lighting it outside.
- It has an excellent build with a durable body but is light and comfortable to hold.
- The device produces strong flames.
- It is windproof.
- The flame base is large, and you can ignite thick objects within seconds.
- It is very easy to refill the lighter.
- The flames keep burning for as long as you hold the ignition button.
- Adjusting the flame is very easy.
- It has a clear window to monitor fuel levels.
- There is no flame lock.
- There are reports of the lighter breaking down.
TOMOLO Torch Lighter Quadruple
The TOMOLO Quadruple Jet Flame lighter is the better version of the triple jet flame version. The Quadruple flame lighter produces a more powerful flame and is extremely wind resistant. Moreover, the entire body has a zinc alloy build, making it very durable and much sturdier than the triple jet flame lighter, which has a transparent plastic body to monitor fuel level. This, too, has a fuel gauge, albeit a smaller one; however, it is enough to monitor the fuel level perfectly. Therefore, sacrificing the plastic body for a sturdier body is well worth the change.
- The entire body has a zinc alloy build to make it very durable; however, it still has a transparent fuel gauge to monitor fuel levels.
- The powerful four jet flame is more powerful than all other singles, double and triple jet flame lighters, and is powerful enough to do most outdoor ignitions.
- It takes two seconds for the flames to turn red.
- The lighter comes with an excellent gift box for New Year, Christmas, birthdays, and other occasions.
- The lighter does not come with a filled tank to follow the USPS regulations.
- You get a cigar punch to prepare your cigars, and that houses the flame adjuster.
- It is easy to refill and release gas.
- The lighter has a sturdy and durable build.
- You get a one year long warranty period.
- The lighter produces powerful quadruple flames.
- This is a wind resistant lighter.
- It comes with a beautiful gift box.
- There is no flame lock.
- You shouldn't use keep the butane lighter on for more than 60 seconds.
Korea Torch Lighter, Triple Jet Butane Cigar Lighter
Now here is a lighter that mixes power with style. The Korea Triple Jet Butane lighter has a durable zinc alloy build with a stylish rainbow color that might or might not suit your taste. However, for sure, no matter where you bring it out, the lighter will stand out. Aside from style, it also produces a powerful triple jet flame and is windproof, making it perfect for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- The lighter comes with a stylish rainbow color finish.
- The entire build is of zinc alloy, making it very durable.
- It comes with the Kollea black gift box that is an excellent choice to gift your husband/wife or as a gift on occasions such as New Year and Christmas.
- There is a fuel gauge at the bottom of the body to monitor fuel level.
- The lighter produces a powerful triple jet flame that is also windproof, therefore usable in both indoor and outdoor applications.
- The ignition button is long and is very easy to hold down for a long period of time.
- The lighter is very stylish.
- The lighter has a durable zinc alloy build.
- The triple jet flame is very powerful.
- Changing the intensity and height of the flame is very easy.
- Refilling the gauge is very easy.
- The lighter comes in an elegant gift package.
- You may be not like the rainbow color body.
Anrapley Lighter, 6.0in Long Butane Torch Lighter with Fuel Level Window
Since triple jet flames are all the buzz, it is rare to see a single jet flame lighter that is quite powerful. The Anrapley lighter is a 6 inch long device that produces flames strong enough to work in windy places, and it can rise to a maximum temperature of 2800°F. Moreover, the lighter has an excellent ceramic build quality; hence, the nozzle is resistant to deformation due to high heat in the long run! Finally, the lighter design is excellent, and the pen shape is comfortable to hold and store.
- The lighter has a ceramic body and nozzle that is highly resistant to heat.
- Although the lighter has a single jet flame ignition, its blue flame burns bright enough to reach 2800°F, and is wind resistant; therefore, you can use the lighter outdoors.
- The flame adjustment valve is at the bottom of the lighter.
- The lighter does not come with butane due to safety regulations.
- There is a sight glass at the lower body of the lighter to monitor fuel level.
- The cooling hole is larger than what you see on most other lighters to increase the lighter's overall lifespan.
- The lighter comes with a beautiful gift box that is perfect for occasions such as Christmas, birthdays, and other similar occasions.
- You get a 12 month replacement warranty period and 30 days money back guarantee!
- The build quality is excellent, and the nozzle is resistant to deformation.
- It produces powerful flames and is wind resistant.
- The customer service is excellent.
- The gift box is elegant and stylish.
- The color is bland.
- It does not have any safety switch.
TECBOSS Lighter, Rotatable Multipurpose Torch Lighters
The TECBOSS lighter is one of the more stylish lighters on the list; however, that is not to say that it does not follow through on power. Although it has a single jet flame ignition, its maximum temperature can rise up to 2900°F, which is even higher than some double jet flame lighters! Moreover, it has a large fuel gauge and has an excellent build quality that is resistant to deformation due to the high amount of heat. Furthermore, it can hold a lot of butane; hence you will not run out of fuel for a long time.
- It has a single jet flame ignition that is extremely powerful since the lighter has a maximum flame temperature of 2900°F.
- You can change the intensity of the flame using the round dial at the bottom of the lighter.
- Unlike other lighters, you can change the shape of the flame using the rotatable head. Changing the shape helps you ignite objects like thick cigars.
- The lighter has incredible durability since it consists of zinc alloy, ceramic, and ABS as the build materials. Therefore, not only is it highly resistant to heat, but it is also durable enough to withstand shocks from drops.
- You can store up to 4.5g of butane gas; therefore, you do not need to worry about a refill for a long time.
- There is a sustained flame button for continuous flame and a large fuel window to monitor fuel level!
- It produces powerful flames.
- You can change the shape of the flame as well as the intensity.
- The fuel gauge is large.
- It has the superb build quality and is highly resistant to deformation.
- You can use continuous flames without having to worry about deformation.
- It is not wind resistant.
- The cooling vent is not good enough.
Korea Torch Lighter, Triple Jet Flame Butane Cigar Lighter with Cigar Punch and Safety Lock
The Korea triple jet torch lighter is one of the most powerful devices you will find on the list and one that is incredibly worth the price. It has an incredible build quality with good safety mechanisms to keep you from harm since the flames are quite powerful. You also get a built in cigar punch and a safety lock near the bottom. Like all Kollea lighters, this also comes in an elegant box that is perfect as a gift.
- The lighter's design mimics that of a blow torch and has zinc alloy as the build material to make it durable and resistant to deformation.
- Three incredibly powerful burners provide powerful and windproof flames that are perfect for outdoor activities like camping and BBQ.
- There is a smooth and sharp punch cutter to prepare your cigar.
- The safety button prevents any accidents when not in use; you have to remember to turn it on after each use.
- It comes in an elegant box that is perfect as a gift to your husband or other male family members.
- You get a one year manufacturer's warranty and a manual in the gift box.
- This does not come filled with butane gas due to safety and mailing regulations.
- You need a butane gas canister with a long nozzle to refill the lighter using the valve at the bottom of the lighter.
- It produces powerful and wind resistant triple jet flames.
- It comes in an elegant gift box.
- You get a safety lock mechanism and a cigar punch as additional functionalities.
- It comes with a 1 year warranty period.
- There is no fuel gauge.
- It does not have any cooling vent.
Yeuligo Torch Lighters, Butane Lighter with 360° Flexible Neck and Visible Window
The Yeuligo torch lighter is easily one of the most powerful lighters on the list; however, it is on the heavy side, so it is near the bottom of the list. While it is powerful and has a flexible 360° neck, the large size makes it near impossible to keep in your pocket. However, aside from its size, it has a visible tank, and its powerful flame can withstand any breeze outdoors. Therefore, if portability is not that much of an issue for you, then the Yeuligo torch lighter is the perfect choice for a butane lighter.
- The lighter measures 5.7"x1.57", and the length also includes the two inch long flexible neck.
- The lighter produces powerful jet flames that can withstand any breeze outside your home.
- The lighter is perfect for outdoor applications lighting gas stoves, fireplace, campfires, BBQ, wood, and many more. Therefore, it is more of a lighter for outdoor activities than for lighting cigars.
- The top and bottom of the lighter have a zinc alloy construction with a stainless steel finish, while the middle body has a transparent glass body to monitor the fuel level.
- Yeuligo has excellent customer service, and they will reply to your requests within 24 hours.
- The lighter has the adjustment knob and inflation hole at the bottom of the torch.
- It produces powerful flames.
- It has an elegant look.
- The lighter is perfect for outdoor applications since it is windproof.
- It is easy to use and refill.
- Yeuligo has excellent customer service.
- Not convenient to keep inside pockets.
- There is no continuous ignition system.
Triple Jet Torch Lighter Cigar Lighter Triple Jet Flame
Coming last on the list is the triple jet flame lighter from JOBON. The lighter is a classic three jet flame device that is powerful, has a decent build, and comes at a reasonable price. However, the one thing that is lacking is the scrolling ignitor that lighters today do not have. Scroll ignitors are quite the pain to ignite, and they hurt your fingers after a few tries. However, in terms of the intensity of the flames, it is quite powerful and rises high enough for outdoor activities.
- The lighter features three high temperature resistant burners that produce three powerful jet flames, and the lighter is windproof.
- It has a zinc alloy and flints changeable design. While the flint wheel leaves much to be desired, the zinc alloy makes the lighter durable.
- The lighter features a 2 in 1 switch design where the rotatable switch functions as both a safety switch and a flame lock.
- There is a built in cigar punch at the bottom of the lighter to prepare your cigar.
- Due to mailing restrictions, the lighter does not come with any butane inside.
- It is a powerful but affordable lighter.
- The two in one switch design is convenient to use.
- It has a durable build with high temperature resistant burners.
- It is easy to refill fuel.
- You get a built in cigar punch.
- There is no fuel gauge.
- The flint wheel is old school and is a pain to roll.
- The gift box is not as good as the rest of the lighters on the list.
How to Refill a Butane Lighter (Video)
Butane Lighters Buying Guide
Shopping for a lighter is generally easy; however, with enough information about all the additional features, if will find one that exactly suits your needs. The first thing you question is what you need the lighter for. People generally buy a butane lighter to light cigars; however, there are other applications for it, such as lighting gas stoves, fireworks, campfires, and even BBQ. The lighters for these applications have different features than the ones for lighting cigars; however, you can find a multi-functional lighter with a higher price. Therefore, it is important to choose a model that is right just for you. Hence, we bring you the most important features to look for when purchasing a butane lighter.
Types of Butane lighter
People generally divide butane cigar into four different types, and they are –
- Single Flame – These lighters have a single burner, and they are perfect for touch up ignitions.
- Double Flame – These lighters are perfect for medium length cigars, and some of them are windproof; therefore, you can use them outside.
- Triple Flame – Triple flame lighters are quite powerful, and they are windproof most of the time. These lighters are perfect for thick cigars, and they work well in windy conditions.
- Quadruple Flame – These are the kings of powerful flames. Quadruple flame lighters light even the thickest cigars with ease, and they also easily fire campfires and BBQ.
The design of a lighter is something that you should really take a look at since you want the butane lighter to be as portable as possible. Large lighters that are perfect for outdoor activities are not typically carriable in your pocket; therefore, purchasing such as design for light cigars is not wise. Stylish lighters from Zippo, TOMOLO, and GUEVARA are really eye catchy, and they will attract impressionable eyes from your colleagues and friends.
Construction is another feature that you must take a look at when purchasing a butane lighter. This is because a typical butane lighter produces high heat. Therefore, it must have a solid construction to withstand the heat and deformation. The best lighters usually have a zinc alloy construction that is highly resistant to deformation. However, you can also go no wrong with ceramic and ABS. That is not all since you also must look for a lighter that will be resistant to leakage due to the wear of time. Therefore, a combination of durable plastic and metal alloys is an excellent choice for lighter construction.
It is better to buy a lighter with a big tank size since that usually means you get a longer life out of your lighter after each refill. Smaller tank size can be annoying since you do not want to fill the lighter tank frequently. A good sized tank can give you around 500 uses or more. However, the tank's size is not precise since that depends on the power and intensity of the flames and the number of burners the lighter has.
The ignition switch is something that you should take a look at for convenience. Older models usually have a flint wheel, which is really tough to use as an ignition switch. Moreover, continued use of the flint wheel is quite painful for your finger. However, recent switches are easier to work with as they use a slide switch.
Almost all lighters have a flame adjustment knob that you can use to change the flames' intensity and shape; some even have different knobs to change either the intensity or shape. This is important since you must have complete importance over your flame. Light a cigar is not the same as lighting a campfire or BBQ where you need a more intense flame. Therefore, try to find a lighter that has a flame adjustment knob, as you will find quite a few numbers of lighters that do not have it.
If you buy a lighter that follows the USPS regulations, then your lighter will not come with a filled tank. Moreover, you also need a lighter that has a secure refilling valve and one that does not leak after months; each of the lighters on the list is secure and does not leak with time. Be careful to read the instructions on how to refill your lighter since different lighters require different refill nozzles and have different ways of opening valves.
The best lighters can ignite flames continuously; however, most lighters do not have the system to do so. This is because lighting fire continuously causes the lighters to deform after long uses. Ceramic and zinc alloy lighters usually have the longest burning time. You will also find many stainless steel lighters that have long burning times.
The one thing that you need to remember is not to continuously light fire since that burns away your fuel quite a lot. Remember to save fuel and not waste it since that saves cost quite a lot.
Since most lighters come in elegant gift boxes, you can purchase them as a gift for occasions such as Christmas, New Year, and Birthdays. Moreover, different lighters have different uses; there are heavy duty lighters you can use for light campfires and BBQs, and then there are lighters for lighting cigars. Therefore, it is important to find a lighter that suits your purpose of purchase.
Lighters do not have much in terms of versatility if you ignore the number of ways you can use the lighter. If you talk about features alone, then the most you can find is the flame adjustment knob and the cigar punch that you can use to prepare your cigar the normal way.
Now, this is something that is really important; however, it is also something that most lighters do not have. A safety lock essentially stops your lighter from igniting accidentally in your pocket or when you do not want it to. This is a great feature to have, especially if you have children in your house and they accidentally get their hand on your lighter.
Lighters are great gifts during holidays or birthdays, and they come in excellent gift boxes that make your gift look elegant. However, there are features that you should know to make the best out of your purchase. Not every fighter has the same use, and the size of the lighter and the intensity of the flames are something to know about before a purchase. This guide will help you understand all the crucial features as we shortlist some of the best lighters that are currently on the market.
Last update on 2023-06-06 at 01:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Leave a Reply