Whether it is stripping wallpapers, paint, tinting windows, or even drying objects, a heat gun is an excellent tool that can do all these. That is not all since you can even use a heat gun to sear your steak or pudding surface. A heat gun is an excellent DIY tool you should have at home, especially since it is incredibly versatile and affordable. Heat guns are excellent tools to dish out a high amount of heat that even lighters cannot. However, with such a large pool of different heat guns in the market, it is essential to find the best heat gun for you that precisely suits your needs. Therefore, to help you find the heat gun that precisely suits your needs.
The Top 10 Best Heat Guns
Table of Contents
- 1 The Top 10 Best Heat Guns
- 1.1 1. SEEKONE Heat Gun 1800W Heavy Duty Hot Air Gun Kit
- 1.2 2. Genesis GHG1500A 12.5 Amp Dual-Temperature Heat Gun Kit
- 1.3 3. PRULDE N2190 1500W Hot Air Gun
- 1.4 4. AVID POWER Heat Gun, 1800W Heavy Duty Hot Air Gun
- 1.5 5. Porter-Cable pc1500hg 1500-watt Heat Gun
- 1.6 6. Dewalt dce530b 20v max cordless heat gun
- 1.7 7. WAGNER 0503059 FURNO 300 Heat Gun
- 1.8 8. DEWALT D26960K Heat Gun
- 1.9 9. Seekone Heat Gun 1800w
- 1.10 10. Black & Decker kx1800 Heat Gun
- 1.11 Best Heat Gun – Buying Guide
1. SEEKONE Heat Gun 1800W Heavy Duty Hot Air Gun Kit
The SEEKONE heat gun is one of the most powerful devices you will find in the market. It runs on 1800W of power and has a maximum heat capacity of 1202°F. This is one of those tools that you can use for both large and small tasks. The heat gun has excellent temperature control, overload protection, and versatility. However, all of these come at a meager price; therefore, they are very affordable. Please find out more about its features below.
- ▶ 【Strong Power With 2 Modes】 SEEKONE 1800W heat gun provides strong power quickly heat up to 1202℉(650℃) in seconds. Two modes: I: 50-450℃, 190-210L/min; II: 50-650℃, 250-500L/min
- ▶ 【Variable Temp Control & Overload Protection】 Unlike other dual temperature heat guns, our heat guns provide variable temperature control. The black dial provides rheostat-type heating, the high / low switch on its handle provides air flow control. Temperature range from 120℉ to 1200℉; Our heat gun also possess overload protector to avoid damaging your heat gun and circuit
- ▶ 【Scientific Ergonomic Design & Wide Applications】 Seekone heat gun has a scientific ergonomic design handle can prevent repetitive strain injuries and other musculoskeletal disorders; Ideal use for shrinking heat shrink tube, shrinking wrap, heating PVC, electronics, cell phone repairs, removing paint or floor tiles, loosening rusted bolts, and other heating or thawing purpose
- ▶ 【Four Nozzles Accessories】 Deflector nozzle directs a long, narrow heat pattern to the work surface; Two concentrator nozzles direct a concentrated heat flow to the work surface; Reflector nozzle disperses heat flow evenly around the whole work surface. Blast Capacity:250-500L/min
- ▶ 【100% Satisfaction Guarantee】 Full refund or return guarantee with lifetime free warranty. Anything happened about the product, please feel free to contact us at any time, we will be always here for you
- The heat gun features two power modes, and you can power up to 1202°F in just a matter of seconds. The first mode has a temperature range of 50-450°C, 90-210L/min, and the second mode has 50-650°C, 250-500L/min.
- Unlike other dual heat guns, you get a variable temperature control setting with only two options. The black dial behind the gun has rheostat-type heating with high and low airflow control.
- The heat gun has an overload protection system to keep your gun and its circuit from any harm.
- It features a scientifically ergonomic design that prevents fatigue and strain injuries.
- You get four different nozzles with the base purchase, making the tool very versatile. One deflector nozzle, two concentrator nozzles, and one reflector nozzle.
- You can use the tool to heat shrink tubes, remove paints and wallpaper, loosen rusty bolts, heat PVC, and do many other jobs.
What We Like
- The tool is very versatile.
- It is an affordable heat gun and has an insane price-to-performance ratio.
- It comes with a lifetime replacement warranty!
- The tool is potent and can discharge a high amount of heat.
- You get four different nozzles with the base purchase.
- It has a durable and ergonomic design to reduce stress.
- The tool features overload protection.
What We Do Not Like
- It is not suitable for shallow heat projects.
2. Genesis GHG1500A 12.5 Amp Dual-Temperature Heat Gun Kit
The Genesis GHG1500A is another powerful heat-up that is versatile and affordable. One of the best things about this heat-up is its long cord length that lets you use the gun in a wide area no matter where the power supply is. This heat gun is excellent for jobs such as removing adhesive, shrink wrappings, thawing frozen pipes, and much more. Moreover, the heat gun comes with four different nozzles and a good temperature control setting.
- Powerful 12.5 amp motor 1500/750 watt
- High and low temperature settings for versatility
- Deflector nozzles protect glass and other surfaces while Reflector nozzle speeds Thawing of pipes. 3 Position rocker type switch for high temperature, off and low temperature
- Includes: Two deflector nozzles, One reflector nozzle, and an air reduction nozzle
- CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Cancer and Reproduction Harm
- It is a 1500/750W heat gun with a powerful 12.5A motor.
- The device can dish out a maximum temperature of 1000°F.
- It has four nozzles – one reflector nozzle, two deflector nozzle, and one air reduction nozzle.
- You can choose between three different heat settings (low, medium, and high).
- The heat gun comes with an overload protection system to keep you and the gun from harm. It also prevents damage to the surface you are working on.
- The RC engine can heat the nozzle in a matter of seconds.
- The heat gun features a great design that is both durable and ergonomic. Moreover, it has excellent protection measures as well as incredible customizability.
What We Like
- It is an affordable heat-up.
- The heat gun is excellent for small projects.
- It is effortless to use.
- The RC motor heats the nozzle very quickly.
- It is very versatile and comes with many different accessories.
- The gun is straightforward to operate.
- Best heat gun for vinyl wrap
What We Do Not Like
- It is noisy at higher temperatures.
- You can only use the highest temperature for a small amount of time to keep it from harm.
3. PRULDE N2190 1500W Hot Air Gun
The PRULDE N2190 is a smart heat gun that runs on electricity and can reach a very high temperature of 1112°F. The tool is an excellent DIY tool that you can use for numerous household projects because of its low price. With the heat gun, you can strip paint jobs and wallpapers, loosen rusty bolts, and complete other DIY projects quickly. The heat gun also has an excellent temperature and air control system. Moreover, the device also has a superb copper motor that quickly heats up to your desired temperature.
- The heat gun has an outstanding build quality, and you can use it at maximum temperature for over 600 hours.
- It features two different temperature modes (800°F and 1112°F) with two different airflow modes (500L/min and 300L/min); these settings make the tool very versatile.
- Since the heat gun can use 1500W of power, it heats up to the maximum temperature very efficiently.
- The professional-grade copper motor ensures that you get a stable operation throughout your project.
- You get a 6.5 ft long cord that makes it very convenient to move around a large area of work. Moreover, back support gives you the ability to use it hands-free when lying it down.
- It has a professional-grade overload protection system to keep the tool from harm.
- It comes with four different nozzles.
What We Like
- It has an excellent overload protection system.
- It has an ETL certification.
- The gun heats up very rapidly.
- It is easy to move around with and use.
- The gun is very versatile.
What We Do Not Like –
- It is not a heavy-duty tool.
4. AVID POWER Heat Gun, 1800W Heavy Duty Hot Air Gun
Here is a heat gun that is hard to beat when it comes to versatility. Not only is this heat gun mighty, but it is also very durable. The most eye-catching feature of the Avid Power heat gun is its two temperature settings. The tool is an excellent choice for both beginners and professionals. Even with such features, the heat gun comes at a meager price, and you can even find used ones that are much less expensive. There are also numerous other features that you can learn more about below.
- 【Strong Power with 2 Temp Settings】This powerful heat gun provide dual temperature control and strong power to quickly heat up to 1205℉. Two temp settings [I:716℉ 300L/min, II:1205℉ 500L/min] are suitable for almost any project.
- 【Overheating Protection】Professional built-in overheating protection also prevents heat gun from being damaged. Please Note: Get the soldering heat gun a rest when continuous using for 30 minutes.
- 【Five Nozzle Attachments】AVID POWER hot air gun includes four different nozzles and a triangular scraper. Perfect for paint and adhesive removal, heat shrinking tubing, shaping PVC tubes, thawing frozen pipes, plastic bending, removing rusted bolts and more.
- 【Ergonomic Design】With the ventilation slot, heat dissipation system can cool down motor during operation; Rubber-covered handle for comfortable grip.
- 【You Would Get】Heat Gun with 5.9Ft/1.8m cord, five attachments (1pc reflector nozzle, 1pc deflector nozzle, 1pcs reduction nozzles, 1pcs BBQ lighter and triangular scraper), user manual.
- The heat gun runs at a very high power of 1800W, and as such, it takes very little time to heat up to the maximum temperature.
- You can choose between two temperatures to work with – 716°F and 1205°F, with just a button switch.
- It has an overload safety mechanism that ensures it from being damaged. You also get a high-quality heating element that is very durable.
- Five different nozzle attachments come with the base purchase. You get four different nozzles and a triangular scraper in the box.
- It has flat back support to keep it in place and use it without hands. The back part also has additional vents that cool the device after a long work period.
- The heat gun has a long cord to make it convenient to move around.
What We Like
- It is very versatile since it comes with five different accessories.
- It is compelling.
- The heat gun takes very little time to heat up to maximum temperature.
- You get an excellent cooling mode and ventilation design.
- It has a good motor and resistor.
What We Do Not Like
- The manual is not helpful at all.
5. Porter-Cable pc1500hg 1500-watt Heat Gun
PORTER-CABLE is a juggernaut when it comes to manufacturing power tools. It is a powerful heat gun that is versatile, well-built, and has a sound temperature control system. However, since this gun is from PORTER-CABLE, it is pretty expensive; it is more expensive than the heat guns discussed. The one sure thing is that this gun is built to last and is excellent for professionals in the field.
- 1500 watts deliver high heat and multiple fan settings for PORTER-CABLE heat gun
- 2 speed selector delivers high and low fan speed settings
- Variable temperature dial allows for easy adjustment of temperatures
- Integrated support stand allows the gun to sit upright for hands free use
- Integrated hanging hook is ideal for storage
- 6 ft. high grade cord improves flexibility during cold use
- Lightweight 2 lb. gun offers less fatigue when holding
- It has a powerful 1500W motor that can discharge a high amount of heat within seconds.
- The heat gun boasts an excellent variable temperature control system that is easy to use.
- You get a dual-fan selector, and along with the variable temperature control system, you get a versatile heat gun.
- An integrated support stand at the back helps you use the gun without hands when working on static projects.
- You get a six-foot-long cord, and while it is not the longest, you can get an extension cord if you want something longer.
What We Like
- You get a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- It has a good build and design.
- It is easy to use and has an excellent variable temperature control system.
- The heat up has a hook for easy storing.
What We Do Not Like
- It is expensive.
- The heat gun is pretty heavy.
6. Dewalt dce530b 20v max cordless heat gun
The DeWalt DCE530B and the DCB205-2 are complete packages that include the cordless heat gun and two 20V batteries. Even with a hefty discount, you should know that this is a costly tool for professionals. This is over 20 times more expensive than most of the tools on this list. Batteries aside, even the heat gun alone costs around a hundred bucks. However, with the heft price tags comes an explosion of features that is hard to find elsewhere. The tool has an excellent temperature range even though it is cordless and has excellent control features.
- DEWALT cordless heat gun has up to 990 degrees Fahrenheit/ 532 degrees Celsius max output temperature**
- Up to 42 minutes of runtime per charge***
- Lock-on button for ease of use
- Lock-off trigger to engage manual operation
- LED to brighten dark areas when tool is in use
- The complete package includes the heat gun and two 6.0Ah batteries.
- You get a maximum temperature of 990°F/532°C with the heat gun.
- An LED light in the front to help you in dark working conditions.
- You get a lock-off trigger to help in manual operations and a lock-on button for ease of use.
- You can work up to 42 minutes continuously on a full charge, even at maximum temperature.
- The heat gun only needs 1 hour to charge up completely; however, you need the DCB118 charger to do so.
- The heat gun has a maximum airflow capacity of 6.7CFM.
What We Like
- You get a three-year-long warranty period, even with the batteries.
- The batteries have three times the capacity of standard batteries.
- You get a very high temperature of 990°F even though it is a cordless tool.
- You can work for 1 hour with a full charge, and charging itself takes less time.
- You get an LED to work in darkness.
- It is easy to use.
What We Do Not Like
- The tool is costly.
7. WAGNER 0503059 FURNO 300 Heat Gun
The Wagner 0503059 is an excellent heat gun that comes reasonably. It has a maximum temperature of 1000°F, and you can also switch to 750°F for versatility. The heat gun also has an excellent build, hard to find on a typical heat gun at this price range. Strictly speaking, a corded one is far more reasonable when it comes to a heat gun since you do not move around too much with such a tool. Therefore, this is not only an excellent tool for DIYers but is also excellent for professionals.
- DUAL TEMPERATURE HEAT GUNS: The Furno 300 heat gun is a household hot air tool that features a 750°F and 1100°F temperature setting to help complete countless tasks
- GREAT FOR A VARIETY OF HOUSEHOLD PROJECTS: This hot gun is ideal for removing paint and flooring, bending plastic, and thawing pipes
- PROVIDES EXTENDED COMFORT: The ergonomic design allows for extended comfort and balance to reduce fatigue while working
- HANDS FREE OPERATION: Features an integrated stand for safe, hands-free operation and the side bars prevent the hot nozzle from touching your work surface
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Utilizes a hanging loop for convenient storage in your workshop, garage, or peg wall
- This is a dual temperature heat gun, and you can switch from 750°F to 1000°F. Moreover, if you heat it long enough, you can even push 1100°F.
- Due to the dual temperature mode and variable airflow mode, you can use it for various tasks such as removing paint and wallpaper, bending plastic, and many more.
- The heat gun features an ergonomic design that allows you to use it for a long time with comfort without letting fatigue set in.
- Integrated support stands at the back to help you with hands-free operation during monotonous tasks.
- There is a hanging loop for storage.
What We Like
- It is versatile.
- The heat gun is affordable.
- It has an ergonomic design.
- The hanging loop makes it convenient to hang.
- You get a corrosion-resistant nozzle.
What We Do Not Like
- There is no safety overload system.
- There is no cooldown system.
8. DEWALT D26960K Heat Gun
This heat gun is undoubtedly the king for DIY tasks and professional jobs. The DeWalt D26960K is a premium heat gun with over a hundred bucks. Even though it is pretty expensive compared to most of the heat guns on the list, it is reasonable. The only negative side to this heat gun is that it is not a cordless tool at this price range. However, it mostly comes down to preference when it comes to corded vs. cordless. Moreover, the number of accessories you get with the heat gun is incomparable to other heat guns in the market since you get 12 different nozzles and removers with the kit.
- LCD display of DEWALT heat gun allows user to adjust temperature within 50-degree increments
- Built-in overload protection shuts the heating element down and prevents burn up
- Built-in hang ring adds a convenient storage feature
- Cord protector keeps the cord from tearing away from the housing
- Built-in innovative kickstand support provides greater stability and prevents tip over
- Ergonomic comfort grip provides greater comfort for long hours of use
- Lightweight and compact design weighs only 2.3 lbs
- It has an excellent LCD and control system that lets you control the temperature with 50-degree increments.
- A built-in overload protection system protects your heat gun from heating up to a damaging degree.
- You get a hang-ring for convenient storage.
- A cord protector prevents your cord from splitting from the housing.
- There is innovative kickstand support to prevent the tool from toppling over.
- The tool comes with several different accessories starting from nozzles and removers. You do not need to purchase any extra nozzles with the tool.
- The tool’s temperature range is from 150°F to 1100°F, making it the most versatile heat gun on the list.
What We Like
- It is incredibly versatile.
- It is straightforward to use and is convenient to store.
- You get an extended 3-year warranty with the tool.
- It has an ergonomic and durable build.
- The overload protection system is one of the best in the market.
- It is lightweight.
What We Do Not Like
- The tool is costly.
- There are cases where the fan speed reduces after prolonged use on some units.
9. Seekone Heat Gun 1800w
This SEEKONE heat gun is precisely the one on the top of the list. However, this package includes the heat gun along with numerous other accessories. If this is your first time purchasing a heat gun, then there is a high chance that you do not have additional accessories in your storage. Therefore, this is an excellent purchase in that case. Moreover, this SEEKONE heat gun kit exists to compete with the DeWalt D26960K, which is almost five times the price. Even though this kit does not have 12 different accessories, it has seven, enough for most DIY tasks at home.
- The heat gun features a powerful 1800W motor with a maximum temperature of 1202°F and a minimum temperature of 122°F, making it very versatile.
- You can choose to work with two temperature control and airflow modes.
- An overload protection system keeps the heat gun safe when using it for an extended period.
- It has an ergonomic design that is comfortable to hold, and it also reduces fatigue by a great deal.
- You get various nozzles and a carrying kit for convenience. Moreover, the nozzles are good enough for any DIYers looking to buy their first heat gun.
What We Like
- The heat gun is very versatile.
- It has an incredible price to performance ratio, and the numerous accessories make sure that you do not have to make additional purchases.
- It is very affordable.
- The overload protection system is excellent.
- You get a lifetime warranty period with excellent customer service!
What We Do Not Like
- The heat gun does not heat up as quickly as it should.
10. Black & Decker kx1800 Heat Gun
A BLACK+DECKER heat gun is a perfect tool for DIYers since it does small projects excellently. Moreover, you can also do medium-sized tasks due to the build and simplicity of the tool. Like most heat guns in the market, this one also has a dual temperature mode that can do many tasks. Moreover, finishing jobs takes less time since the gun heats up quite fast. As a heat gun from BLACK+DECKER, you can quickly expect an excellent and durable build quality.
- Airflow: 550 ltrs/min and 750 ltrs/min
- Temperature: 400 and 550 degree centigrade
- Built-in stand for hands free use and easy cool down
- Ergonomically engineered pistol grip for prolonged use
- Dual temperature heat settings for a variety of application like stripping paint, felt roofing repairs, lighting barbecues, thawing frozen water pipes, loosening rusted nuts and bolts, 2 meters cord length, etc
- The heat gun is moderately powerful with dual temperature modes – 750 °F and 1000°F.
- There is a built-in stand at the back to do stationary tasks without hands and let the tool cool down efficiently.
- The tool has a lightweight and compact design but is also robust. Therefore, it is easy to handle and use, but it is also quite sturdy and will not break.
- It has a safe heating element that does not deform easily and damage the tool.
What We Like
- It is an affordable heat gun.
- The heat gun is powerful and versatile.
- It is lightweight and compact but also has a sturdy build.
- The safe heating element gives the heat gun a long lifespan.
What We Do Not Like
- It has no overload safety protection system.
Best Heat Gun – Buying Guide
Heat guns are not as standard as drilling tools, and therefore, it is pretty standard that most people do not know about their features and what to look for when purchasing a heat gun. To make your life easier, we bring you a compilation of elements that defines what a heat gun is and what to look out for when purchasing one. There are heat guns specifically for larger projects, and then there are those for small projects; however, you will also find heat guns that do both. The catch is the price; therefore, these features are significant to consider before going to the market.
Heat guns are scarce tools that have little to do with branding. Numerous market products are not from well-known companies; however, they can perform excellently at a much lower price. Without a doubt, heat guns from DeWalt, Milwaukee, Porter-Cable, and others are excellent. However, with such a price comes a hefty price tag that is just not worth it. Moreover, these little companies such as Prulde, SEEKONE, and Genesis make heat guns as good as those from well-known brands. However, with all said, heat guns from famous brands are more dependable than those from these brands. Therefore, you can go for a higher price for brands if you want the ease of mind. But it is advisable to go for the heat guns that come at a lower price as they work just as well.
Heat guns are inexpensive tools that come under thirty bucks for the most; however, there are heat guns that cost well over 200 dollars. If you are a DIYer, try going for the affordable ones since they do your job just as well as those from well-known brands, and you can even find these complete kits that come under 40 bucks! The more expensive ones are usually complete kits from brands like DeWalt.
Purpose of Use
There are many tasks that you can accomplish with a heat gun. You can use heat guns for several tasks, such as removing paints and wallpaper, heat rusted screws and bolts, and even softening glues and adhesives. Other, more heat-intensive tasks restore trims and dents on your car, heat bacon, or even roast coffee beans.
Heat guns generally do the same thing; however, there are four types of heat guns that you should know about, and they are –
- Electric Heat guns are the most common, and they can give you around 1200°F of heat.
- Gas Heat guns are dangerous to use and are good enough for smaller projects.
- Industrial Heat guns are the most potent types of heat guns and can run for a long.
- Infrared Heat guns are safe to use and can give you around 600°F of heat.
Having a lightweight and compact tool is always convenient as you can work with them longer. However, most heat guns have a support stand at the back to help you complete static tasks without hands. Nevertheless, there are always jobs that require your hands, and therefore, having a lightweight heat gun is the right way to go. The best thing here is that almost all heat guns are light, so you only need to look a little to find one comfortable in your hand.
Most heat guns run on electricity or battery. However, there are also heat guns that run on gas. The best and most powerful heat guns are Industrial heat guns; however, they are expensive and run on either gas or electricity. You can look at the types of heat guns in the “Types” section of the guide.
If you want to complete your job in the most downtime possible, it is crucial to have good temperature control settings and fast heating. Most heat guns have a temperature threshold of around 1100°F. However, heats guns have variable temperature control for versatility. Some usually have a minimum temperature of around 500°F, while others can even go as low as 100°F. Therefore, you should go for a heat gun with a wide temperature range and the ability to heat up to your desired temperature as fast as possible.
Air Flow Speed
You should have a heat gun that can change its airflow speed since it gives you more versatility and control over different types of work both at home and at a job site. Other heat guns have three or more air control settings. If you combine that with variable temperature control settings, you can get a heat gun that is highly versatile and can do many different tasks.
Nozzles are mandatory accessories when you work with heat guns since they make heat guns very versatile and have variable temperature control settings. Therefore, it is essential to have as many nozzles as possible if you want a versatile heat gun. These are the few types of nozzles that you can find in the market.
- Main Nozzle.
- Reflector Nozzle.
- Reducer Nozzle.
- Flat Nozzle.
- Glass Protector.
LCDs are rare to find in general heat guns. Most heat guns in the market do not have a heat gun since most of them only have two or three different temperature settings, and since most are corded, you do not need to worry about charge.
However, high-end heat guns have LCDs that show you the adjustments you make in temperature increments and the charge if it is cordless.
Adjustability directly relates to versatility, and the most versatile heat guns have adjustable temperature and air control systems. Adjustability makes it easier to work with different materials, which requires specific temperature ranges.
The ease of use and comfort is essential since it defines how long you can continuously use your heat gun. Most heat guns have a support stand that you can use to do monotonous tasks such as heating a rustic bolt without hands. However, if you do need to use your hands to work, it is very convenient to have a heat gun that is compact and lightweight. Since most heat guns are light, this is not much concern.
Most accessories for heat guns come in the shape of nozzles; however, other accessories such as glass protectors and scratchers are also accessories. Moreover, you can also buy a carrying case to store these accessories.
Your heat gun’s best safety features can have an overload protection system that stops the heat gun from suffering permanent damage when dealing with high heat levels. Moreover, there are also cooling features that reduce the maximum temperature very quickly to prolong lifespan.
Heat guns are simple tools that can you many tasks at such a low price. However, since heat guns are pretty expensive, knowing which heat gun suits your needs. Our list has DIY tools and industrial-grade heat guns to help you buy the best heat gun for you! These are excellent tools to have both at home and job sites.
Last update on 2022-01-16 at 21:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API