Unlike most niches where one company mostly dominates the market with outstanding products, multi-tools are, however, not one of them. There are many companies out there that manufacture outstanding multi-tools, and Milwaukee is one of them. Though Milwaukee is not a dominating market leader when it comes to multi-tools, they, however, have one multi-tool they call their own that has consumers drooling to get it. The Milwaukee M12 is a multi-tool that is not only cheap but offers excellent value for money, with its excellent features, and great build.
To be precise, this tool is the Milwaukee 2426-22 M12 multi-tool kit; and it comes with two RedLithium batteries, a charger, and several excellent accessories. It also comes with an adapter that lets you use the accessories with ease. There are many reasons why you should get the multi-tool; however, the top three features of this “must-have” tool are build quality and design, flexibility, and the “all famous” universal adapter.
- UNIVERSAL ADAPTOR: You can use accessories from other multi tools with the universal adaptor that screws onto the head
- 12 SPEED SETTINGS: Switch between 5,000 and 20,000 orbits per minute with the speed adjustment knob. Keep this tool suitable for a variety of different applications
- SANDING: An included sanding head with sanding pads will let you put the finishing touches on your woodworking projects without a separate purchase
- GROUTING: The multi-purpose head can slice into tight spaces to clear grout or trim
- FUEL GAUGE: Know how much time you have left on your job with the LED panel on the side of the unit. It tell you how much battery you have left in 25% increments
- Application Versatility: Cuts, Grinds, Sands and Scrapes. Compatible: M12 LITHIUM-ION System with over 25 cordless tools. Accessory Adaptor (Included): Compatible with most competitive accessories
- Run Time: RED LITHIUM Battery offer extended run time. Durability: All Metal gear case. Variable Speed Dial: Match speed to application. On board Fuel Gauge: Displays Remaining Run Time
- Voltage: 12V; Variable Speed: 12 Settings; OPM: 5,000 - 20,000; Accessory Adapter Included: Yes; On Board Fuel Gauge: Yes; Battery Sold Separately; No of Battery Included: 0
- Charge Time: 30 Min; Length: 10-1/4-Inch; Tool Weight: 1.63 lbs; Shipping Weight: 2.1 lbs
- Includes: 2426 M12 Multi-Tool- Bare Tool Only, Adapter, Wood Cutting Blade, Sanding Pad, (5) Assorted Sanding Sheets
The features of Milwaukee 2426-20
Build Quality and Design
Excellent devices have one thing in common, and that is their designs and build. You can compare this with different other niches, including phones, computers, and even gardening tools. However, this is not to say that each of these excellent tools is the same, but the top features are quite identical and leave almost no deficits.
It is apparent the moment you hold the tool that it is has remarkable similarities to the excellent Bosch Multi-X tool. Note that they are not the same, but share many similar features that most average multi-tools lack. However, even though these are very similar tools, they are not copied off of one another; instead, they are made with different thoughts in mind, but the end product is the same; this is what the final stage of excellent products is.
The kit comes with a retail box that has two RedLithium batteries, the extremely useful universal adapter, a charger, an Allen wrench, a ballistic nylon bag, a plunge-cut blade, and a six-piece sanding kit. It is without a doubt that the universal adapter that makes this tool one of its kind, and plays the most significant hand in making this the number one multi-tool on the market. The adapter makes this tool able to fit with any brands of accessories on the market.
Last, of all, the tool is very comfortable to use; it is lighter than other tools of its kind, and it has a black rubber mold over the grip that makes it easy for both one and two-handed use. You might find that black rubber mold is common; however, upon closer research, you would find that most companies just use black plastic or misalign the molding, making it uncomfortable to hold properly.
The M12 weighs two pounds and three ounces, making it one of the lighter ones in the market. This is quite surprising since it includes the RedLithium battery, which itself is quite heavy.
When you talk about multi-tools in general, the first thing that comes to your mind is its flexibility, and the M12 gives no quarter in this area. The M12 has a variable speed setting that has twelve different speed controls. Each of the different speed controls has clear detent, and the speed numbers actually mean something and are not randomly given for better attraction. The controls are also perfectly clicked into place at each of the settings.
Working with the dial is completely up to you; numerous people have played with the M12, and while many say that the dial is comfortable to work with and is in a convenient place, some has said that you need to apply great lateral pressure to change the dial to a different setting. However, the one constant thing is that it is in a convenient place, and it will not change accidentally. In short, you can change the speed from 5,000 RPMs to 20,000 RPMs!
Another useful feature of the multi-tool is its battery indicator, as it is just above the speed dial. There are four LED lights that indicate the battery level; the lights are expertly programmed to show you a very accurate remaining battery.
The Universal Adapter
You cannot have a complete review of the Milwaukee 2426-22 M12 multi-tool kit without talking about the Universal Adapter. It simply amazes what Milwaukee has managed to come up with, and this is one of the areas that the M12 sets itself apart from the Bosch Multi-X tool. You do not find tools these days that sets itself below the importance of accessories, though it is how it should be.
Even though it brings significant damage to Milwaukee’s own accessory division, it, however, it beneficial to you, and that is what Milwaukee has in mind. In general, people most often make last-minute decisions to buy accessories, and sometimes, you just many not find a Milwaukee extension you are looking for, and that is where the universal adapter comes in handy, no matter which brand you buy, the M12 will support it! This is something that cannot be said the same for when comparing with the Bosch Multi-X.
Likable Features of the M12
- It is lightweight and weighs 2 pounds and 3 ounces.
- It as a variable speed control with 12 different settings.
- It has the all famous Universal Adapter that allows you to use any brands of accessories with the M12.
- It is comfortable to use.
- It has a long-lasting battery. (Around an hour with both the batteries!)
- The build is durable and is excellent in quality.
- You have no problem slicing through wood.
- It gives incredible value for its price.
Unlikeable Features of the M12
- The included blades will not last a long time.
- It does not come with enough cutting accessories.
This is a new Multi-Tool in the market that has instantly grabbed everyone’s attention. The universal adapter’s ability to make use of any accessories, and the RedLithium batteries incredible runtime makes the tool one of them, if not the best, multi-tool on the market. Also, because of its incredibly low price, it is almost impossible for new users, as well as professionals, to not have an M12 in hand.
Last update on 2022-01-15 at 23:46 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API